- Group Finance: budgeting and forecasting, creating interim and annual financial statements, facilitating internal mergers and acquisitions, as well as dealing with analysts and investors.
- Providing support in the administration of best practices in capital management.
- Capital management planning and forecasting, ensuring both local and SARB requirements are met.
- Providing support in the administration of effective risk management processes in the department
- Conduct stress testing on an ongoing basis
- Preparation of stress test result for requisite GovCos and presentation where applicable
- Preparation of annual ICAAP in line with regulatory requirements.
- Preparation of Capital Management Pack for requisite GovCos and presentation where applicable
- Proactively manage Economic Capital and SARB Regulatory Capital within SIBTC
- Manage the risk appetite framework and regular monitoring
- Keep up to date on regulatory changes especially those impacting capital management.
- Prepare required regulatory reports (CBN and SARB) accurately and meet all regulatory deadlines.
- Develop and maintain strong working knowledge of the regulatory reporting requirements including Basel principles.
- Attend to all queries coming from the submitted returns, and other ad-hoc requests from the regulators.
- Prepare and supply information required for annual internal financial control (IFC) and liquidity and capital management (LCM) audits as well as CBN/NDIC annual routine examinations.
Key Performance Measures:
- Quality and relevance of ALCO/Board and other GOVCO packs
- Implementation of best practices in capital management.
- Implementation of best practices in risk management
- Ensure that all external reporting requirements are timeously met, including preparation of periodic regulatory returns in compliance with regulations.
Internal and External Relationships
- Risk Management (Credit , Market, Operational, Risk Governance, Credit MIS and Chief Risk Officer), Compliance, Information Technology, ROA TCM Team
- Regulators, Auditors
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- A Business or other Degree with a highly numerate bias
- Minimum of 4 years post qualification experience in Finance/ Risk/ Treasury within a busy commercial environment
- Strong knowledge of Basel II/III regulations;
- Appreciation of financial analysis and risk issues;
- Comprehensive knowledge of treasury products and good general knowledge of retail, corporate and capital markets products;
- Working knowledge/understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards.