Reporting to the Head, Software Development, the successful candidate will plan, analyse and develop software applications, while providing second level support to existing products and solutions, in order to meet client specifications and standards.
Key responsibilities will be to:
- Execute software development projects in line with company approved plans and guidelines in order to achieve set project objectives.
- Provide an efficient second level support and initiate process improvements, aimed at providing adequate technical support to the business process.
- Design and develop new products/applications in line with departmental Standard Operating Procedures, so as to minimize maintenance requirements.
- Partner with business analysts, while interfacing with clients/business owners, in order to understand business requirements.
- Partner with Telecoms departments, to ensure the successful deployment of developed applications in line with the departmental standard Operating Procedures.
- A bachelor’s degree or Higher National Diploma in either Computer Science/Engineering, Information Technology or other related disciplines.
- Professional memberships, including certification in OEM, will be an advantage.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a similar position.
- OEM specific development skills,
- Knowledge of Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) design.
- Knowledge on UML/use Cases/OOAD/MVC based web development.
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Excellent communication skills.
Remuneration package is highly competitive and attractive.