The Application Developer will deploy and administer the companywide SharePoint Enterprise portal server in MainOne. The Developer shall also be responsible for developing software to meet the immediate needs of the business whenever it is cheaper and time effective to do so compared to buying and off the shelf software
Other responsibilities include:
- Automate business processes
- Ensure the business maximize the use of SharePoint for application development and business collaboration.
- Develop applications that may not be SharePoint dependent.
- Develop mobile applications where necessary for business process automation.
- Carry-out research and development.
- Monitor SharePoint Server health and make necessary changes to ensure the server is always available.
- Gather initial user requirements.
- Design solution based on SharePoint Enterprise platform if possible.
- Select a vendor in cases where is more economical to buy software.
- Document all software solutions developed.
- Manage the backend of the corporate website.