A high-impact Application Development Manager function can accelerate progress against critical IT objectives that require a cross-enterprise perspective. The mission (duties and responsibilities) of Application Development Manager t is to
- Responsible for Application Development Team’s contributions to the design, development and implementation of organizational software applications.
- Responsible for prioritization and task assignment of projects assigned to the Application Development Team.
- Participates in departmental strategic and budgetary planning processes; prepares and administers Application Development Team’s operating budget; provides recommendations on policies and goals desired; and implements new/revised programs according to established guidelines.
- Coordinates design and code review sessions with team to enable a culture of continuous improvement.
- Responsible for creating and adherence to coding standards.
- Final accountability for software system architecture and strategy.
- Actively pursues issue resolution, and communicates project status/issues to business stakeholders and operational management.
- Possesses a broad knowledge of most technical and business resources and uses them to effectively coordinate team members and external resources.
- Provide architectural alternative analysis on requests for new systems or major enhancements to existing systems.
- Identifies staffing needs, prepares job descriptions, evaluates and mentors staff.
- Proven knowledge on agile development methods from design to delivery and deployment.
- Able to manage teams to work on custom software development as well as building platforms for in-house services.
- Full understanding of languages, tools and frameworks for rapid application development and deployment.
- Broad software technology knowledge and exposure from algorithms, platforms and different languages.
- Able to turn our software development team into a crack team.
- Able and knowledgeable about software estimation, architectural patterns, tools etc.
- Able to use outsourcing judiciously.
- Desire work out of Lagos – Nigeria and eventual travel in central Africa
- Must have proven knowledge in computer programming language. Including 5 or more years of programming and 5 or more years of management experience.
- Must have expert knowledge of the systems development life cycle.
- Detail oriented yet also able to think ‘big picture’ and understand the key trends and levers that impact a business.
- Ability to handle a high degree of ambiguity, and fast paced change management
- Ability to manage multiple projects effectively at the same time and to work effectively under deadline constraints.