The duties of the Application Support personnel shall include but may not be limited to;
- Assist the users to effectively use the suite of installed vendor's applications,
- Assist users to load or re-format data, interpret seismic data, build maps and cross-sections and use visualization tools.
- Provision of on-line support and resolving all users reported problems.
- Informal on-site training of new users and old users, organizing demonstrations of new utilities and functionality of the vendor's suite of applications.
- Evaluating,reporting and demonstrating vendor's new releases.
- Provision of specialist advice to users and formal and informal training for all applications,
- Developing appropriate work flows and formulating best practices to the users.
- Management/Installation of essential 3rd party software releases
- Software License Management and generation of reports &statistics
- Management of servers, work station clients, disks, daily support/maintenance of plotters/printers
- Provision of specialist advice to users and formal and informal training for all applications
- Informal on-site training of new users and old users, organizing
The Experience/Qualification/Skills of the Application Support:
- The Application Support must be a graduate of Electrical/Electronics, Computer Science, Geology, Geophysics or Applied Physics with good knowledge in effective use of the vendor's suite of applications, shall have a minimum of five years working experience in IM&T support and be familiar with E&P workflow or other 3rd-party suite of applications.
- The Application Support person must possess evidence of attendance of requisite training on the applications.;
- Must possess a good knowledge of Share Point; Live link experience is an added advantage
- Must possess a good knowledge of SIESTA(pressure database)and hydrocarbon forecasting system
- Must possess a skilled knowledge of Microsoft. Net development and Visual basic for software development.
- Competence service delivery processes using Service Manager 9.0Toolkit
- Ability to understand the Production business and properly capture customer needs
- Good knowledge of Data Acquisition and Control systems(DCS,ROC,vMONITOR,On RAMP Wireless,etc)
- Oracle Primavera EPPM Essentials
- Intergraph SmartPlan(Foundation,Instrumentation,P&ID,etc)