A career at RusselSmith offers you growth and a chance to make a difference. Throughout our history, we have continued to help our employees realize their dreams, whilst creating opportunities for them to fulfill their personal and professional potential.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Strategy & Planning
*Participate in and support capacity planning and the development of long-term strategic goals for systems and software in conjunction with end-users and department managers.
*Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to make certain network capacity meets existing and future requirements.
* Implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network resource administration and appropriate use.
* Develop and deploy methodologies for testing network performance and providing network performance statistics and reports.
*Establish best practices and policies for installing, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
*Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation.
*Establish service level agreements with end users.
• Acquisition & DeploymentØ Coordinate the networking, business application, and database administration functions to implement desktop and server systems that utilize industry best practices to meet corporate objectives.
* Plan, acquire, and coordinate installation of in-house and remote hardware and software across the organization’s network.
*Conduct research and make recommendations on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
* Assess and administer all equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
• Operational Management
* Manage all operating systems and end-user software.
* Manage communications (e-mail, IM, etc) and connection solutions, including workstation connectivity, local area networks, company Web site, intranet, and Internet applications.
*Ensure the integrity and security of enterprise data on host computers, multiple databases, and during data transfer in accordance to business needs and industry best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
* Manage input/output fleet, including printers and scanners.
* Manage end user accounts, permissions, access rights, and storage allocations in accordance with best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
*Perform network and security audits.
*Perform and test routine system backups and restores.
* Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware and software problems on servers, input/output fleet, and workstations.
*Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
* Analyze system, server, application, network, and input/output device performance.
*Recommend, schedule, and perform software and hardware improvements, upgrades, patches, reconfigurations, and/or purchases.
*Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of systems software procurement and development efforts.
* Create required reports in response to business user needs.
* Manage and ensure effectiveness of servers, including e-mail, print, and backup servers, and their associated operating systems and software.
* Manage and ensure optimal operation of all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs, UPSs, and so on.
*Approve and administer user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
* Direct and administrate Technology department staff, and where necessary, conduct performance reviews and corrective action.
* Monitor and test fixes to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
*Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
*Track and analyze trends in Service requests and generate statistical reports.
* Assess need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant) based on request trends and make recommendations.
*Identify, recommend, develop, and implement end user training programs to increase computer literacy and self-sufficiency.
• Performs other administrative or office duties or projects as required or as assigned.
• Working technical knowledge of network, PC, and platform operating systems
• Working technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards, including [firewalls, Active Directory]
• Strong knowledge of local area network administration.
• Hands-on software and hardware troubleshooting experience.
• Experience with data management.
• Experience documenting and maintaining configuration and process information.
• Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
• Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
.• Experience managing and configuring enterprise-wide LANs, WANs, WLANs, VPNs, etc.
• Hands-on experience troubleshooting hardware such as servers, routers, bridges, switches, hubs, modems, network interface cards, and so on.
• Extensive application support experience
• Knowledge and understanding of system flow charts, data processing concepts, and telecommunications principles.
• Experience installing network cabling and patching telephony systems.Educational
• University degree in the field of computer science and/or 3+ years equivalent relevant work experience.
• Related IT Certifications.(e.g. MSCE, Network+, CCNA, CCNP, ITIL etc)Physical demands of the job
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
.• Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
• Adept at reading, writing, and interpreting technical documentation and procedure manuals.
• Ability to conduct research into hardware and software issues and products as required.
• Ability to present ideas and solutions in user-friendly language.
• Highly self motivated and directed.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Skilled at working within a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Ability to conduct research into ITIL Continual Service Management processes.Work environment
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
• Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings.
• Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
• Working extended hours and weekends if necessary
• Sitting for extended periods of time