· Applies (as acquired via formal education or technical experience) standard practices and techniques in specific situations, analyzes and correlates data, recognizes discrepancies in results, and follows established procedures and operations through a series of related detailed steps or processes to derive a solution or conclusion.
· Uses prescribed and innovative methods, and works with limited guidance.
· Participates as a team member and actively contributes towards team goals.
· Carries out partially defined and moderately complex tasks.
· Demonstrates good understanding and applies knowledge of an engineering discipline.
· Applies engineering and/or scientific skills and continues to develop experience in creating engineering solutions.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
College, university, or equivalent Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent required.
· Machine Design - Has basic knowledge of Machine Design. Knows where to go to obtain help. Awareness of the subject related terms exists. Has completed Machine Design training or has been mentored on basic functionality.
· Stress Analysis - Understands the basic principles of stress, strain and deflection. Is able to draw free body diagrams. Familiar with concepts of principal stress and yield criteria. Understands material strengths, including yield strength, ultimate strength and endurance limit.
· Vibration - Understands basic vibration principles, including natural frequency, mode shapes, free and forced response, and orders of rotational speed. Able to interpret the results of vibration measurements and to apply those results to aid in solving problems. Aware of the various experimental tools and how they are applied.
· Heat Transfer - Is aware of the basic quantities used to describe heat transfer including forced and free convection, conduction, and radiation and how they relate to heat transfer performance. Is able to apply these concepts to basic heat transfer understanding in engine systems and components.
· Component & Systems Development Process - Aware of the basic elements of the component (or subsystem) development process relevant to the applicable business area, including a basic understanding of development tools, i.e. ESW, McParts, DVP&R, FIRG, rigs, key tests, and analysis tools. Able to read drawings.