Chevron Upstream Europe operates a diverse portfolio of exploration projects spanning from Greenland, throughout the North Atlantic continental margin, North Sea and onshore eastern Europe. Data from our active exploration and appraisal drilling program provides substantial competitive advantage enabling new play development and portfolio maturation.
Reporting to the Europe New Ventures Team Leader the New Ventures Exploration Geophysicist will:
1) Develop regional play concepts, coordinating work between Chevron’s Aberdeen, Oslo exploration teams as well as with other Global Exploration resources;
2) Conduct regional 2D & 3D seismic interpretation integrated with all available geologic data to develop a ranked portfolio of impact prospects;
3) Mentor other team members on use of geophysical exploration workflows and portfolio management tools.
Essential Position Functions:
- Basin-wide play evaluation
- Assimilate geologic and geophysical data to identify and rank hydrocarbon plays.
- Established pathfinder and prospect generator with experience in multiple basins worldwide.
MSc or PhD in Geology or Geophysics required.
Experience with multi-discipline bid round evaluations.
Expertise with seismic volume interpretation applications/workflows as well as integrated geologic risk and volumetrics determination.