The AR Specialist must have on high level understanding of policies, procedures and processes in both AR and Claims & Rebates. He/she must understand also all related processes – finance, logistics, sales, operations and customer fulfillment. This position will have responsibility for managing E2E Claims, Rebates and AR processes, will be first contact point for customer for CSO processes and will provide Customer training and customer reporting. The candidate will be the primary contact for daily communication with customers / business partners.
The Objectives of the Accounts Receivable departments/Collector/ Claims Analyst:
• Drive and Execute the country collection operations to meet the assigned AR targets, with focus on the efficiency/cost effectiveness of the dedicated organization
• Perform Debt collection operations to optimize the company's financial performances and to achieve DSO and the Aged Debt Target
• Ensure that customer relationships are established as far as the collection process is concerned and that the customers comply with the contractual payment terms
• Closely and effectively act with customers to improve the customer satisfaction results versus the competition
• Ensure the overall operational quality and the satisfactory business controls posture
• The common EMEA AR process starts with the creation of an invoice, and ends with the settlement of the invoice, either by payment, credit or authorized adjustment.
• The process includes :
• Pro-active debt collection
• Receipt of monies due to Lenovo
• Follow up activity on overdue accounts
• Dispute Management
• Delinquent accounts management, pre-legal administration
• Write Off, and other adjustments
Financial Claims definition:
• Management of financial claims and disputes and assisting customers on the claim filing and claim management process.
• The responsibilities involve claims and disputes submitted from customers, invoice corrections, arranging physical returns, The validation process involves amongst others price, part number, serial number analysis through various databases, investigating various issues during transit or after delivery, communication internally with other functions and externally with customers via phone and email, organizing return of goods from customers' to Lenovo, credit execution.
• Prepare claims packages documenting reasons for disbursement to ensure full audit trail is maintained
• Liaise with other functions within Lenovo (e.g. Global Logistics) to ensure that root cause of customer claims are identified and resolved
• Provide regular status reports of open and closed claims to business partners
• Meet all KPI targets
• Comply with all process rules, customers’ terms and conditions
• Presenting the CSO functional area at various occasions and participate in cross-department meetings/projects
• Interface with Lenovo European Sales teams and Business Partners about outstanding claims
• Polite and professional handling of escalations
• Proactively ask for feedback, analyze it and propose solutions to increase efficiency of CSO related processes
• Regularly analyze and improve all open issues (especially open disputes)
• Maintain regular email and phone contact with customers and business partners
• Develop relationship of trust and cooperation with given business partners
• Ensure fast clearance of any aged disputes and issues
• Drive for resolution of any recurrent issues and escalate internally if necessary
• Work together with customers and educate them in more efficient payments and claims handling
• Prevent disputes from arising by targeting and removing the root causes
• Involvement in departmental projects focused on continuous improvements e.g. process improvements and Lean Six Sigma
• Contribute to business transformation and changes to the current process
Management support and reporting
• Propose and create challenging but measurable goals to measure and increase customer satisfaction
• Resolve and report on Customer Critical situations
• Preferred Education:
University degree – Master degree, Economics / Finance
Minimum Experience: 2-3 years experience in related customer support area or equivalent
Preferred Experience: 2-3 years experience in related customer support area or equivalent , experiences with improvement of processes or active part in projects
Required IT skills
• MS Excel – advanced (databases, pivot tables and charts)
• MS PowerPoint - advanced
• MS Access - advantage
• experience with SAP - advantage
Interpersonal skills required:
• High level of communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
• Positive approach and high level of professional flexibility.
• Proactive & dedicated team player.
• Organised and methodical person with logical approach in addresing issues and strong analytical skills.
• Strategical thinking about improving AR processes.
• Possess strong communication skills; ability to provide guidance and seek data input from various sources.
• Communicate effectively in writing as well as verbally.