Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Conduct research to reconstruct record of past human life and culture from human remains, artifacts, architectural features, and structures recovered through excavation, underwater recovery, or other means of discovery.
1) Clean, restore, and preserve artifacts.
2) Collect artifacts made of stone, bone, metal, and other materials, placing them in bags and marking them to show where they were found.
3) Compare findings from one site with archeological data from other sites to find similarities or differences.
4) Consult site reports, existing artifacts, and topographic maps to identify archaeological sites.
5) Create a grid of each site, and draw and update maps of unit profiles, stratum surfaces, features, and findings.
6) Create artifact typologies to organize and make sense of past material cultures.