- The Architect will be responsible for all areas relating to the creation of designs for new projects, alterations and redevelopments.
- The Architect stays involved throughout the construction process, adapting their plans according to budget constraints, environmental factors or client needs.
- The Architect will also work closely with a range of construction professionals from quantity surveyors to building services engineers.
- This position will also be responsible for:
- Creating building designs and highly detailed drawings both by hand and by using specialist computer-aided design (CAD) applications
- Liaising with construction professionals about the feasibility of potential projects
- Working around constraining factors such as town planning legislation, environmental impact and project budget
- Working closely with a team of other professionals such as building service engineers, construction managers, quantity surveyors and architectural technologists
- Applying for planning permission and advice from governmental new build and legal departments
- Writing and presenting reports, proposals, applications and contracts
- Drawings and interpretation of drawings
- Choosing the materials to be used and specifying the requirements for the project
- Adapting plans according to circumstances and resolving any problems that may arise during construction
- Making sure the project is running according to schedule and budget
- Playing a part in project and team management
- Travelling regularly to building sites, proposed locations and client meetings.
- Vendor co-ordination & Management at site.
- Project management.