The main purpose of this position is to manage the planning and execution processes for interior projects. He/She is also responsible for managing the work of consultants, allocating resources in an efficient manner and maintaining a successful team.
Project Management Functions
- Liaise with relevant internal and external parties to set clear project objectives and scope; and translate the objectives into actionable plans.
- Obtain final approval of the design specifications.
- Procures the project requirements like manpower, information, agreements/documentation and material or technology needed to accomplish project objectives.
- Managing projects to ensure they are completed on time, with scope and budget while meeting quality standards.
- Monitoring project progress and provide feedback on performance to appropriate parties.
Team Management Functions
- Managing and leading the project team.
- Coordinating the activities of the partners and working groups engaged in project.
- Escalating problems and liaising with team members to resolve them in a timely manner to reduce time lag and delays.
- Build and maintain sustainable relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Implementing productivity, quality and customer-service standards.
Educational Qualification and Experience
- A First Degree in Architecture, a Masters Degree will be an advantage.
- Applicant must be a CERTIFIED PROJECT MANAGER.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience
- Extensive Project Management knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Able to use any design software
- Ability to exhibit professionalism
- High emotional intelligence
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to develop budget and track expenses
- People Person – Must be able to build and maintain relationships with stakeholders.
- Personality – Must be smart, bold and confident
- Results Driven – Must be able to follow projects through to completion
- Strong Leader – Must be able to provide direction to team members
- Self-Motivated – Must be able to work independently and as well as a part of a team.