Arbico Plc is a full service, building and civil engineering contracting company. It was established in 1958 and has been quoted on the Nigerian Stock Exchange since 1978.
The company has become one of the foremost building construction companies in Nigeria with presence across the geopolitical zones of the country.
Description of Position:
- As an Architect, you will have outstanding three dimensional skills and “artist’s eye” in renderings and presentations. You will make sure that the projected designs match the requirements and are functional, safe and economical, accordingly to the compulsory regulations and specifications.
- As a BIM Modeller, you will create and develop the parametical 3D model accordingly to the updated project documents at all its successive stages of development. You will extract the 2D documentation from this model and produce the stage-according drawings and documents.
- As a BIM facilitator, you will assist the other team members in visualising the model information. You will constantly and carefully coordinate the work with the other team members and external consultants. You will keep the team members informed of the development.
Duties & responsibilities for the position:
- Discuss the ideas, objectives, requirements and budget of a project.
- Make sure that the project is complying with the regulations throughout all its stages.
- Produce detailed workings, drawings and specifications.
- Help in specifying the nature and quality of materials required.
- Prepare tender applications and presentations.
- Draw up tender documents for contracts.
- Helping with bids for new contracts.
- Carry out regular site visits to check on progress and ensure that the project is running on time, accordingly to Design and to budget.
- Liaise with other team members as well as with external consultants to agree on any changes and updates in the project documents.
- Liaise with other departments of the company to smooth the project processes.
- Be a force of proposal within the project and the team, undertaking research and keeping up with the latest building regulations.
- Prepare presentations and reports.
- Use computers and Computer-Aided Design (CAD) and Building Modelling Information (BIM) technology for simulation purposes and to ensure the effective coordination of the data.
- Prepare Revit material schedules for cost planning and control.
- Liaise with Data & Cost manager for Revit material parameters.
- M.A. Architecture
- Membership of relevant professional body
- Minimum of 5years Architectural experience
- Experience in Consulting firm preferred
- Good Design and drawing skills.
- Three-dimensional conceptual skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Above-average use of Microsoft suite (Word and Excel).
- Advanced IT skills including extensive knowledge of Autodesk AutoCAd and Autodesk REVIT.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Commercial awareness.