Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Architects design new buildings and suggest alterations to existing buildings.
- Coordinating and managing project design from start to finish, to ensure high quality, innovative and functional design.
- Preparing and presenting feasibility reports and design proposals.
- Liaising with construction professionals about the feasibility of potential projects.
- Advising on the practicality of project designs.
- Producing detailed workings, drawings and specifications; specifying the nature and quality of materials required.
- Writing and presenting reports, proposals, applications and contracts.
- Resolving design related problems that arise during construction.
- Ensuring that the environmental impact of the project is managed.
- Researching and analyzing project design needs.
- Studying the site concept, strategy, and target audience.
- Managing new building designs, extensions, alterations, restorations and conservations from the earliest stages right through to completion. The goal is to match client’s needs and to produce sustainable, functional and aesthetically pleasing designs.
- Producing detailed blueprints and make any necessary corrections.
- Ensuring that all works are carried out to specific standards, building codes, guidelines and regulations.
- 3D design building design (Both exterior and interior design)
- Detailed layout plan both in 2D and 3D
- Landscape design in both 2D and 3D
- Architect will also be responsible for designing marketing brochures.
- Performing any other duties as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer or his designate.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- A keen interest in the built environment and the dedication to see projects to their conclusion.
- Excellent drawing skills and experienced user of design software tools (AutoCAD, Photoshop, Sketch-up etc).
- An analytical mind with excellent problem-solving ability.
- Leadership skills as well as the ability to work well within a team of other professionals.
- Knowledge of construction details, building products, existing government rules and regulations and building codes/standard.
- Project Management and supervisory skills.
- Experience and general knowledge of Mass Housing in Nigeria.
- A minimum of a Bachelors’ degree/HND in Architecture.
- A professional certificate or a Masters degree will be an advantage.
- Evidence of a detailed portfolio
- Ability to think methodically, design and plan
All interested and qualified candidates should send their full details to the comment box or to the Email firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE - Lagos Resident Stand a better chance.