The Area Manager assists the Regional Loss Prevention Manager in implementing strategic initiatives to significantly minimize and reduce areas of risk related security, stock loss and safety. You will focus and advise on "best practice" in respect of loss prevention opportunities within the business.
- Provide a prompt and professional investigation service to the company in relation to theft, malpractice and fraud, report findings to line managers and Loss Prevention Manager and communicates with external agencies and the Police where appropriate.
- Conduct or direct surveillance of suspects and premises to identify breaches of policies and recommend disciplinary action to the line managers.
- Investigate shrinkage results as required.
- Visit stores in your area of responsibility to conduct audits and report on findings.
- Audit the warehouse and stores for health & safety to ensure best practice and take prompt and corrective action in areas of non-compliance.
- Ensure fire precautions are in place and that fire evacuation routines are established, rehearsed regularly and that the necessary logs are maintained.
- Conduct loss prevention training for security and store management.
- A good general/secondary education (relevant professional qualification desirable).
- At least 3 years’ retail security experience.
- Project management experience.
- Financial/cost management skills.
- Experience in retail solutions, including CCTV, EAS and Convert surveillance.
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written).