- Develop communication strategies and execute public relations programs within the UAE hotels within local, regional, and international markets as appropriate.
- Act as spokesperson for the UAE hotels and as a member of the crisis management team.
- Initiate, schedule and plan local and international media familiarization trips with local tourism bodies and airline partners.
- Compile and maintain a viable media database with routine engagement to ensure that it is current and up to date.
- Work with the ADPR on all outlet related promotions, from promotional information gathering to media photo shoot requirements
- Work with corporate Public Relations to develop and execute brand initiatives
- Write and disseminate press kits, releases, editors’ advisories, calendar listings.
- Update Public Relation newsroom and keep corporate Public Relations and agencies informed of all news.
- Develop and build positive relationships with media and industry partners in key markets.
- Develop joint, regional and national promotional opportunities with other hotels.
- Develop and maintain all media lists and contact information.
- Maintain an up-to-date photo and video library, including a photographic record of all media and special events.
- Maintain an annual budget and administer that budget in a fiscally, responsible manner.
- Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs.
- Follow departmental policies and procedures.
Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum two years experience in Marketing/Communications, preferably in a hotel environment.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills required.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Database management software.
- The successful candidate will be an extremely organized, detail-oriented, professional, and a self-motivated team-player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and manage stakeholder expectations of from each property.
- Experience with/contacts within UAE/GCC media marketplace is an asset.
- PR agency experience is an asset.
- University/College degree in a related discipline required.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities.
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
- Previous leadership experience within public relations required