The Area Sales Manager is accountable for achieving brilliant execution with customers through leading an Area Field Sales teams.
• Drive achievement of profitable volume/market share target for the Area via delivery of sales drivers for the Area.
• Ensure Retail Redistribution Scheme within the area is fully reviewed and managed.
• Coaching of Retail Development Managers to ensure effective delivery.
• Ensure maximum utilization of the Intouch tool to drive efficiency and effectiveness
• Ensures brilliant execution of customer marketing/marketing promotional activity by ensuring the right outlets are selected, agencies are adhering to our standards.
Standard of Excellence.
1. Plan - Ensuring that all sales objectives are strategically aligned; support sales leaders where relevant with the process of defining, managing and cascading targets throughout the sales force.
2. Execute - build the Structured Selling capabilities ensuring that Sales Representatives execute the 8 steps of the call with every customer; ensures all Sales Representatives use the Intouch PDA effectively.
3. Measure - review Intouch information on sales representative performance vs targets at a minimum two times per week, act as a custodian of the Data in the system, actively ensuring that in market data guidelines and processes are adhered to.
4. Insight - use reports and data from the Intouch management suite in order to generate commercial insights and drive execution of these opportunities through the sales teams
5. Inspire- act as a trainer and deliver the Managing Relationships programme as part of the yearly sales capability plan / induction process, ensure all development, coaching & feedback is embedded within the appraisal process