1. In close collaboration with the facility medical officer, ensure the provision of quality, evidence based ART, PMTCT, prevention and TB services.
2. Initiate and expand PITC in the supported health facilities.
3. Provides skilled nursing procedures (i.e. dressing changes).
4. Administers medication as ordered within the scope of practice of the licensee.
5. Performs phlebotomy and/or initiates intravenous infusions as ordered.
6. Attends and participates in team conferences as requested.
7. May act as a team leader to assist with the provision and supervision of patient care.
8. Charts notes and medication administration according to protocol.
9. Provides patient and family education.
10. Exercises appropriate judgment and decision making skills.
11. Ensures the maintenance of patient confidentiality.
12. Reports significant changes in the patient’s physical status to the RN and/or to the medical provider.
13. Establish and support effective linkages and referral of patients within and outside the facility.
14. Work closely with the prevention coordinator to supervise community program staff and ensure achievement of targets as well as timely preparation and dissemination of reports.
15. Ensures that all disseminated protocols are strictly adhered to by site staff.
16. Ensure accurate and timely documentation of all services provided.
17. Implement operational research protocols to answer important questions within AHF’s treatment and prevention programs.
18. Any other duty designated by the Country Program Manager.
- University graduate in Nursing.
- At least two years experience in HIV program management.
- Knowledge of minimum prevention package for Nigeria is highly essential.
- Must be highly organized and capable of effective multi-tasking.