ABOUT THIS JOB Baker Hughes Incorporated has an opening for an Assembly, Maintenance & Overhaul Technician in Nigeria. This is an entry-level role for a Mechanical / Electrical graduate looking for an exciting career opportunity.
- Maintains, tests and assembles product / tools / sub-assemblies.
- Compliance with HS&E policies and procedures for operations.
- Work to pre-defined procedures in line with established work practices.
- Complete tool inspections in accordance with engineering drawings.
- Enter data into database and access the necessary maintenance data records to apply conditional based maintenance routines and to enable problem / equipment failure investigations.
- Minimum academic qualification of HND / HNC Mechanical or Electrical / Electronic Engineering Completion of the 1 year National Youth Service Corp.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, wiring diagrams, assembly prints and parts lists and follow formal procedures and maintenance practices.
- Ability to read and understand the English language.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Basic computer skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Basic skills in the use of measurement and gauging equipment and processes.
- Versed in fluid power technology and mechanical devices.
- 1+ years maintenance related experience in a mechanical function or minimum 1 year relevant industrial experience (airline, military, oilfield, automotive).
- Basic machining and welding optional
- Forklift driving experience a plus.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Must have strong commitment to work safely and follow all company HS&E policies.
- Crane or forklift experience is a plus.