Reporting to the Head of Continental European Product Development, this is a senior role in a team of twelve product development and documentation professionals. Whilst the focus is on UCITS products in Luxembourg, the team is looking to increase its capability and capacity in response to the demand for complex product across different structures (e.g. SIFs, locally domiciled vehicles outside of Luxembourg) and "alternative" asset classes.
- Scope prioritized product ideas which include both new product ideas and enhancements/changes to existing funds, and merger/liquidations of funds
- Bring new funds to market, manage delivery across all functions within the business
- Manage delivery of changes to existing funds across all functions within the business
Product Strategy and Management
- Facilitate cross-functional workshops to identify and develop business cases for new product ideas and evaluate significant changes and enhancements to existing funds
- Review in depth competitor offerings to develop new product ideas in partnership with the product strategy team
- Assess market trends and competitor fund ranges and perform product research
- Define product standards, e.g. naming and pricing conventions, share class strategy
- Extensive experience in the asset management industry with particular expertise in the development and delivery of investment management products, which should include UCITS products, as well as alternative asset classes (e.g. private equity, hedge funds, other illiquid asset classes), alternative investment structures (e.g. Luxembourg SIFs, Part II funds) and preferably experience of local structures in major European domiciles.
- Credibility and proven ability to engage with portfolio managers and country and channel heads of distribution to discuss and consider product ideas
- Expert understanding of the product development lifecycle and proven track record of managing and delivering new products and product changes within a large, highly complex, cross-functional environment
- Excellent strategic influencing and interpersonal skills, comfort in working with people at all levels across all functions
- Excellent written and verbal communication and an ability to articulate complex ideas, concepts, and solutions at a level appropriate and intelligible to the recipient
- Thinking competencies - strategic, conceptual, analytical
- Ability to develop effective partnerships with key business partners, including Product Strategy, Legal, Compliance, Tax, Risk and Operations to support and deliver the product agenda
- Ability to manage complexity and deliver solutions to a tight deadline
- Fluent in project management disciplines and an ability to instil structure, process, accountability, delivery and client-focus
- Contribute to defining a vision for the European product range and drive the business towards it
- Expert technical capability in the UCITS and non-UCITS environment, including related legal and tax matters and the implications for product design.
- CFA qualification or equivalent experience
- A good understanding of the European asset management competitor landscape, product range strengths and weaknesses by competitor
- A broad understanding of securities and instruments, portfolio management techniques, investment processes, and investment management products