• Ensure that laid-down instructions for the handling and movement of treasury cash to and from tellers and SBV are adhered to.
• Ensure that current stock of blank forms received is recorded and signed for according to laid-down procedures.
• Ensure that record keeping is carried out according to laid-down instructions for treasury cash, blank forms and safe custody items.
• Ensure that swept deposits are correctly handled in terms of the laid down instructions.
• Ensure that all Irregular Items have been actioned before the end of the day.
Monitoring of cash holdings
• Ensure that cash holdings do not exceed prescribed limits.
• Ensure that sufficient cash levels are maintained to meet normal customer requirements.
• Ensure that Auto Bank and Auto Cash terminals are always adequately stocked with cash and stationery.
• Maintain close liaison with the Auto Bank Control Centre to ensure that equipment problems are dealt with promptly.
• Ensure that potential faults that could cause equipment to malfunction are identified and resolved on time
• Ensure that all ATM terminals are kept clean and maintained in good condition.
• Control ATM cash according to laid-down instructions.
• Balance cash at the required intervals.
• Report and action differences in ATM cash promptly.
• Ensure that ATM cash is safeguarded against unnecessary and preventable loss.
• Action ATM reports as listed on the Duty List promptly in terms of laid-down instructions.
• Reconcile ATM cash daily.
• Action Care Suspects accurately and on time, resulting in reduced operating losses.
• In terms of the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act No 37 of 2002, (the Act) no staff member is permitted to provide any advice or intermediary service to a customer, in terms of a financial product, as determined by the Act, unless they have been appointed as a Representative of a licensed Financial Services Provider.
• In your current position you are not an accredited representative in terms of the Act, and are therefore prohibited from giving any advice or intermediary service to a customer in terms of a financial product, as determined by the Act.
• Follow standardized routine procedures for control purposes.
• Draw on experience of branch cash requirements and cyclical impacts on cash resources to plan for fluctuating cash demands and optimize cash holdings.
• Plan and execute regular maintenance requirements for ATM terminals, and deal with day to day unexpected interruptions to service in order to maximize productivity
• Ability to attend to customer queries timeously is required.
• Sound recall of procedures and previous experiences, in order to recognize the appropriate solution to each situation.
• Resourceful, finding practical ways to efficiently deal with voluminous workloads, and remain focused on priority issues.