- Auditing of financial transactions such as revenue, expenses, asset management, treasury and financial management, international operations, procurement and inventory management, remuneration and payroll, credit policy. etc.
- Auditing of critical processes or/and departments such as energy optimization, technical production including downtime analysis, plant efficiency, quality control/laboratory, quarry operations, technical maintenance, procurement and inventory, finance, human resources, sales and marketing, order reserves, health, safety and environment, security, etc.
- Investigating reported control lapses and suspected fraudulent/sharp practices across the company and recommend appropriate actions.
- Write Mandatory Standard Audit Report for each completed internal audit or control assignment and coordinate necessary updates.
- Periodically make proposals for the review of company's policies and procedures or for the introduction of new policies.
- Ensure effective implementation of/compliance with the company's control policies and procedures in all areas (financial transactions, operational activities, marketing & sales and IT systems) in the departments, sections, all factory locations, offices, depots and warehouses.
- Identify potential risk areas and internal control flaws during audits and make appropriate recommendations for corrective action.
- Minimum of B.Sc Degree in Social Sciences or HND.
- Must be a Chartered Accountant (ACCA, or ACA), ACCA Diploma in International Financial Reporting or Master's Degree may be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years experience in Internal control, Audit or Finance in a reputable organization.
- Knowledge and understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Internal Control/Internal Audit, Banking Operations and Cement Manufacturing Industry are essential
Competencies and Skills
- International Financial Reporting Standards Skills
- Financial and Analytical Skills
- Tax Planning and Compliance Skills
- Control and Audit Skills
- Report Writing, Verbal and written Communication Skills
- Relationship Management Skills.