SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Assistant Accountant will be charged with the responsibility of preparing and verifying daily reports as well as daily income/sales, journal entry, preparing authorized refund vouchers and compiling monthly reports. The duties shall include but not limited to investigating and collecting returned items, maintain returned check account, maintain chargeback account, and also prepare monthly balance sheet schedules in line with established standards and procedures.
DETAILED LISTING OF RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Close supervision over stores operation.
- Coordination of periodic stock/cash count.
- Compilation of Proforma Invoices.
- Issuing of Accounts statements to debtors.
- Constant reminder to debtors, through phone, electronic mail or personal contacts.
- Constant monitoring of sales and banqueting functions for proper accountability.
- Staff payroll check and journalisation.
- Daily reconciliation of sales against cash collection.
- Reconciliation of daily cash takings against bank teller.
- Monthly computation of service charge payable to staff.
- Assist the Head of Finance from time to time as requested.
- Reviews vouchers, requisitions, purchase orders, and other transaction documents for completeness, accuracy, availability of funds, appropriateness of transaction, and conformity to policies, procedures, and/or contractual agreements
- Makes corrections on transaction documents as needed. Adjustments to previous entries
- Prepares statements and reports that are factual in nature and that require computations (such as totals, sub-totals, or balances) prepares collection reports and/or bank deposits
- Posts financial information to journals, registers, and ledgers, manually or by electronic equipment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Requirements for the position:
- A BSc degree or HND in Accounting or a related discipline from a recognized tertiary institution.
- Three years’ experience in same or a similar position.
- Certification in ANAN or ICAN will be an added advantage
- Excellent proficiency with the use of database management software and other computer devices to perform duties more efficiently.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to analyze data and provide recommendations.
- Experience with MS-Office.
Other requirements, abilities for the position:
- Leadership skills
- Computer literate in Microsoft Excel
- Smart and energetic
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information.
- Confidentiality concerning personal files and records.
Description of Benefits:
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the Hotel.