An opportunity has become available for an Assistant Accountant working within the Accounts department reporting into the Accountant. The main purpose of the role is to
- To support the production of monthly accounts.
- To ensure the correct and efficient control and input of incoming and outgoing payments.
- Responsibility for ensuring the financial integrity of local accounts and for following procedures and controls such that information is relevant and timely.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- You are required to maintain ethical standards in accordance with Daimler AG Policies and the Company's Compliance Guidelines and Policies including Anti-Bribery and all relevant competition law.
- To ensure that within your area of operation all regulations and standards with regards to FCA are adhered to.
- Support with the development and training, motivation and performance of other junior members of the accounts team, where applicable.
- To actively contribute to the development of effective team working.
- Work with functional colleagues to ensure the effective operation of the market area.
- Handle all internal and external customers and suppliers with courtesy and ensure. the Mercedes-Benz experience is delivered to all contacts at all times.
- Promote, at all times, the Mercedes-Benz culture of quality and excellence and deliver the Mercedes-Benz experience.
- Daily banking to be recorded, reconciled and posted daily. Management and creation of customer accounts. Bank statements to be posted and reconciled daily. Liaising with the bank on a daily basis in respect of special cheques and telegraphic transfers.
- Debt control. Managing unallocated cash daily and ensuring no overdue or aged debts (retail or finance).
- Purchase Ledger. Registering all Purchasing Ledger invoices for MBRG Central Services and ensuring all suppliers invoices are posted and authorised promptly.
- Posting authorised invoices to the Nominal Ledger.
- Prepare Purchase Ledger BACs payments.
- Raise CHAPs payments to suppliers as required.
- Process central supplier rebates, and distribute to sites. E.g. Tracker & Petronas
- Creditors Control. Managing unallocated cash daily.
- Inter Company Balances. Agree Inter Company Balances; investigate and resolve all differences.
- Raise & process Inter Account Bank Transfers (IAT’s).
- Ensure all purchase invoices are authorised prior to posting and all supplier statements reconciled prior to payment.
- Control of cashbook, direct debit and petty cash postings. Management of unallocated payments and reconciliation of payments cash book. Safeguard of Company cheque book and petty cash.
- Ensure all company financial controls are adhered to and any discrepancies reported to Line Manager.
- Provide data to ensure corrective action is taken to minimise the risk to the business. Assist with ad hoc reports / schedules as required to complete month end accounts and any other statutory reporting requirements.
- Monitor & record EOD VSB VAT Errors, and ensure their timely correction. Send Month End Report to MA Financial Controllers for unresolved errors.
- Process rent payable and associated property costs for MBRG properties, and recharge each site for their property costs as appropriate.
- Ensure recharges to MBRG sites are processed promptly.
- Maintain List of current FPPM holders; obtain quarterly agreement from FC’s & Accountants that the list is correct. Ensure signed FPPM declarations are held for all FPPM holders.
- Complete Fixed Asset additions & disposals schedule is completed for the “Knowledge”.
- To input variable pay (bonuses & overtime) for the CSU & CRM into the payroll.
- Prepare & Distribute the Credit Control League.
- Monthly Debtors Analysis for MOTY (Manager of the year).
- Reconciliation of the Purfleet compound vehicle stock checks.
- Review & action Deposit Refund requests from the dealerships for centrally held deposits.
- Record Sickness, holiday and absence records for relevant MBRG Central Services staff.
- To ensure that within their area of operation health and safety is adhered to.
- Internal Control Responsibilities: For all aspects of your responsibilities, you are responsible for ensuring that company policies and procedures are complied with. In addition, you are required to ensure that appropriate controls are operated, insofar as they are within your control, so as to reasonably mitigate known risks which could lead to inaccurate financial reporting. If you are aware of significant risks not in your power to control, please escalate the matter to your manager.
- Financial Reporting: For your areas of responsibility, you are required to ensure that all data and calculations processed that have a bearing on financial accounts are in accordance with company policies and procedures. Where you become aware of any inaccurate data, you are required to notify your manager in the first instance.
- To identify areas of risk within area of responsibility and for developing and maintaining effective controls to reduce risk of fraud occurring.
- To ensure that within your area of operation all regulations and standards with regards to Financial Services Act are adhered to.
- Ad hoc tasks, analysis & reporting as required by MBRG Central Services Financial Controller.
Key Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience in a finance role ideally in the motor industry.
- Ideally studying for AAT or higher.
- Strong accounts background in purchase and sales ledgers, cash book and bank reconciliation.
- PC literate ideally with Kerridge experience.
- Full and clean driving licence.
- A team player able to perform to a high standard and deliver an extremely high level of customer satisfaction.
- Accurate with attention to detail.
Challenges and develops people to top performance
- Personal impact and dynamics
- Team Leadership
Builds a diverse culture of collaboration and learning
- Professional knowledge and basic methodological knowledge
- Information Management
Executes decisions and delivers results
- Revenue and results orientation
- Steering and controlling skills
Demonstrates accountability and credibility
- Openness to learning and change
- Taking over responsibility and acting consistently