The Assistant Apartment Manager oversees the daily operation of the Apartments and Offices located at Fairmont Dubai and handles directly any tenant inquires and/or relays to concerned area of the Hotel or outside. The Assistant Manager will also oversee the financial aspects of the operation, such as assisting the Leasing Manager in collecting and pending payments, or contract renewals.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Guest Services Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Supervising the Apartments Concierge team.
- Manage the performance of Apartments concierges, and ensuring all personnel files are kept up to date
- Conduct Personal Development Interviews and Colleague Performance Appraisals as required.
- Consistently have a presence with our colleagues while balancing the administrative needs of the position.
- Take active role in departmental recruitment and training of new and existing colleagues.
- Encourage and motivate apartment concierge colleagues.
- To conduct and contribute to regular departmental communications meetings ensuring objectives are reviewed and results monitored and minutes recorded.
- Taking care of various administrative tasks including (but not limited to) keeping backup of tenants contracts, maintenance and incidents logs.
- Formulating new procedures in pursuit of improved the service provided to our tenants.
- Handling tenants complaints and do the necessary follow ups with the concerned departments.
- Manage residential tenant relations program by acting as the main contact for any resident issues or concerns
- Ensure that the department’s equipment is well cared for and properly maintained
- Track all tenant requests through Royal Service Manager and review month end reports
- Send an end of Shift report to all concerned departments for follow-up
- Ensure that Apartments colleagues are well trained, and prepared for the hotel emergency procedures
- Monitoring and maintaining parking memberships’ revenue by keeping a tracking system for it supported with all backups and following up with the tenants.
- Sitting strategies to drive more parking revenue through selling more memberships.
- Provide a daily report of the apartments operation including the necessary follow ups and actions taken.
- Follow up with the Housekeeping department to maintain the cleanliness of the Residents area and apartments upon tenants’ requests.
- Liaise with the Housekeeping department to ensure that a quarterly/yearly deep cleaning program is carried out for the tenant & office sides.
- Drive revenue and guest service by ensuring that all tenants are aware of the “A la carte menu of services” is available to all tenants.
- Follow up with the Engineering and IT departments to maintain the functionality of the Residents equipments and facilities.
- Establish and maintain maintenance and custodial programs to ensure all residential components are maintained in line with hotel and brand standards.
- Ensure weekly schedule is made for cleaning request and scheduling contractors
- Bi-weekly walk around of the floors with EHK/AEHK and Engineering
- Monitoring and managing the inventory of white goods and other equipment for apartments and offices.
- Preparing and follow up of requisitions for apartments and offices’ projects, supplies and equipment.
- Tracking and issuing of new and renewed tenant cards.
- Assisting Leasing office on contract tracking and distribution.
- Communicating with Leasing Office all walk in and phone inquiries.
- Liaises with Accounts Department to ensure that all of tenant’s financials are followed up and achieved.
- Maintain a tracking system in place for all issued parking cards per apartment and office rented out
- Assist with a show around for the space available for lease in the absence of the Leasing Manager
- Must display strong organizational skills
- Must have good motivational skills
- Should recognize the necessity for standards and policies, but should also be able to adapt his/her approach to each situation as necessary
- Should have strong administrative tendencies
- Must have good knowledge of opera, MS Word and MS Excel
- Must have excellent knowledge of the hotel, its facilities and services
- Should have a good knowledge of Dubai, including its history, tourist attractions and current events
- Should act as a role model to colleagues, and maintain the highest level of personal and ethical conduct
- Must have high grooming standards
- Should have a keen eye for details
- Should be flexible in terms of working hours
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation