- Are you ready to be a Assistant Director of Finance and Business Support
- As part of our commitment to giving you Room to Grow, we want you to have the information necessary to take advantage of career opportunities worldwide. Is your career goal taking you toward a position as Assistant Director of Finance and Business Support? If so, read on and see if this position is what you're looking
Key Responsibilities of the role include:
- Assist and provide financial guidance in the formulation and implementation of Strategic Plan, Budget and Key Performance Objectives
- Cash flow projection and performance through controls on inventory, credit and collection, disbursements, deposits and remittances
- Prepares monthly position of actual results against budget, analyse results and recommend to Executive Committee measures required to meet budget
- Prepare consolidated quarterly position assessments for the General Manager
- Implement and review financial controls and policies
- Design internal reporting systems required by the department and hotel
- Evaluate existing internal control measures that apply to accounting procedures and computer systems
- Employ adequate internal control procedures to ensure correct authorization for payment procedures
- Manage internal and external audits when they occur
- Provides administrative support to Management with reference to policy enforcement, business advice and operational assistance
- Obtains appropriate legal counsel regarding the business practices of the hotel and maintains an awareness of local laws, rules and regulations
- Capital expenditure compliance and approval
- Recommends and maintains appropriate list of delegation of authority for hotel management
- Reviews prices and recommends pricing strategy to the General Manager
- Implements and maintains acceptable accounting practices and procedures as required by InterContinental Hotels Group Policy, generally accepted accounting practices, and as affected by local conditions
- Select and monitor the local banking arrangements made for the operation of the Hotel in conjunction with the Shareholders
- Submit the reporting package monthly in KHI format including the P&L, Balance sheet, Cash flow, FF&E reconciliation and AR aged analysis in accordance with IFRS.
- Maintain detailed Fixed Asset Register.
- Handle the corporate tax on behalf of Owning Company.
- Liaise with Company Secretary, legal counsel, auditors and banks on various matters.
Qualifications and Technical Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field. CCA preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities.
- Good Communication and writing skills
- Excellent knowledge of hotel accounting software(s) - Acom
- Basic knowledge of hotel reservations system(s) e.g. Opera, Fidelio
- Basic knowledge of hotel point of sales system(s) e.g. Micros
- Negotiation and effective presentation skills
- 4-8 years in hotel accounting or audit with at least one year in an Assistant Controller or similar supervisory role, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- You already know IHG has some of the best benefits available. If you're successful in getting this job you'll be able to take advantage of those benefits and make the most of our commitment to give you Room to grow.