Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Implements departmental policies relevant to the operation of the Department of Pharmacy. Assists in planning and implementing new concepts in drug distribution and control in accordance with established policy and accepted standards of proper pharmacy practice.
- Coordinates with other management staff in establishing checks and quality controls to ensure quality of care.
- Collaborates with the Director of Pharmacy on drug purchasing functions.
- Acts as a drug consultant to support services and ancillary departments.
- Coordinates necessary arrangements to obtain drugs needed in emergency situations.
- Oversees pharmacy information systems, advance medication safety, and assures regulatory compliance.
- Collaborates with management peers to support all pharmacy operations and programs.
- Sets and models the standard pharmacy practice and designs pharmacy programs to collaboratively advance the Comprehensive Pharmacy Practice model.
- Leads and directs the clinical, quality, and business management aspects of pharmacy.
- Integrates clinical pharmacy programs.
- Establishes quality infrastructures within the department and advance pharmacy services throughout the organization.
- Provides guidelines and instructions for the safe preparation, dilution, admixing, dispensing and administration of medications to include appropriate labeling and expiration dates.
- Participates in relevant Continuous Quality Improvement (C.QI) initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong management skills.
- B.SC, or any other Qualification