- Assure the specifications, goals, budget and objectives of drilling contractor are attained.
- Monitor rig’s activity according to the required company regulations along with statutory requirement, and implement Environmental policies and Health and Safety procedures.
- Train, brief (e.g. pre-shift safety meetings), assist as well as supervise the crew on the drill floor. Including the Assistant Driller and Roughnecks (or only the Ass. Driller??).
- Assure the safety of the crew on the drill floor and safe working practices.
- Arrange the continual housekeeping in and about the drill floor.
- Assure drilling equipment is operated properly and effective by the crew.
- Maintain and control sufficient stock of machinery and equipment required for regular drilling operations as well as for repairing any drilled holes caused by mechanical breakdowns or natural conditions.
- Operate the automated Driller to run breaks and drill the hole.
- Conduct regular inspections, interpret the outcomes referring to gas and fluids with high pressure and develop administrative records . Provide results to Company Management accordingly.
- In case of emergencies (gas blow out preventer -BOP), take the correct counter measures to stop or control the well.
- Communicate closely with Client Representatives as well as Company Management.