Reporting to: Workshop Charge Hand or Supervisor
- To ensure proper housekeeping and management of cables and ensure work areas are kept safe and tidy.
- Assist fitters in basic tasks.
Key Aims and Objectives:
- Work safely
- Ensure the fitter is kept with all the necessary tools equipment and consumables to enable him to perform his tasks
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform any combination of the following tasks: Lifts, positions, and remove workpieces from machines to assist in fitting Assist with tape and mark reference points for layout
- Clean and grind metal preparatory to fabricating, welding using a grinder.
- Clean work area and restock supplies and materials as necessary
- Help load, unload and furnish tradesmen with materials, tools, equipment and supplies
- Perform assigned duties in a timely and safe manner
- Work under close supervision
- Participation in all Tool Box Talk
- Strict adherence to PPE