At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts®we Want Our Guests To Feel Special, Cosmopolitan And In The Know Which Means We Need You To
· Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
· Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership of getting things done.
· Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Maximise occupancy, revenue and average rate while maintaining high service standards
· Be aware of credit policies and procedures and liaise closely with Finance Department to ensure that credit procedures are properly carried out
· Accurately and promptly fulfilling guest requests
· Works with Human Resources on manpower planning and management needs
· Build and maintain relationship with colleagues/departments and stake holders to ensure seamless customer service
· Assist in managing Front Office staff
· Monitor Front Office and particularly Guest Relations personnel, to ensure IC Ambassador and PCR members, known repeat guests and other VIPs receive special attention and recognition
· Maintain a high level of knowledge which will enhance the guest experience.
· Demonstrate a service attitude that exceeds expectations.
Enhance the image of the hotel in the local community
· Participate as an active member of the community through associations, memberships and other trade organizations
· Interacts with individuals outside the hotel, including, but not limited to clients, Convention Bureaus, local Hotel Associations, Government Tourist offices, Airlines, Travel Agents, Tour Operators, competitors and other members of the local community
· Review regularly the Public Relations activities to ensure high awareness of the hotel in the local and national media
Identify the minimum skills, knowledge and abilities required to competently perform the job duties. This section should include the required educational background and work experience as well as any licences or certifications required by law or policy to perform the duties. Preferred job specifications may be used to enhance success in the search of a job candidate. Preferred job specifications should not disqualify candidates without them from consideration for the role.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.