- You would also help chefs get ready for serving food to customers. This could involve washing, peeling and trimming food items to make them ready for cooking when customers order them. You would use a variety of kitchen equipment such as automatic mixers, chipping machines and special knives and cutters.
- Ensuring the food preparation areas are clean and hygienic
- Washing utensils and dishes and making sure they are stored appropriately
- Sorting, storing and distributing ingredients
- Washing, peeling, chopping, cutting and cooking foodstuffs and helping to prepare salads and desserts
- To carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function of the job
- Carry out simple preparation of foods, including vegetables, salads, sandwiches, sauces, premixes, frozen and dehydrated products and assist the Cook or Kitchen
- Manager in cooking foods by frying, boiling, steaming etc. , using all large and small kitchen equipment provided.
- Ideal candidate must have a minimum of three years experience as a kitchen chef and knowledge of continental cuisines, foreign dishes & a la carte menu.
- Must be willing to work under the executive kitchen chef.
- Must be willing to live in the staff quarters within the premises.