In this your role your day will vary from managing the day to day running of the logistics and inventory department by performing tasks, processes and analysis pertaining to the department, and liaising with stores and the warehouse on a daily basis to ensure that inventory and logistics issues are resolved.
- Work closely with the 3PL logistics service provider to ensure adherence to KPI for warehousing & distribution.
- Oversee daily inbound and outbound warehouse and logistics operations and ensure all administrative tasks are completed as required and that all relevant documentation is received and processed as required.
- Coordinate movement of products through the warehouse and out to the stores. Ensure pre-alerts are sent to stores regarding delivery dates and timings and advise of any unforeseen delays.
- Work closely with the ACE buying team to facilitate Purchase Orders and ensure system related issues are resolved timely. Respond proactively to any issues relating to their respective orders/shipments.
- Day to day management of sales orders, including replenishment, launches, promotions and stock push orders.
- Maintain clear communication with internal and external customers to meet business logistics requirements.
- Liaise with freight forwarders for container schedules, shipping documentations, customs issues, container clearance, import & export issues, tracking of shipments, etc.
- Advice management on inventory and stock management issues related to demand forecasting, forward cover, inventory turnover ratios, stock turns, aged stocks etc.
- Provide advice and/or solutions to logistics problems, document irregularities, and other relevant issues/concerns
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
- To possess a detailed knowledge of shipping and import/ export management (Lower Gulf + Egypt)
- Good knowledge of warehouse management would be an advantage.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Business Management, Accounting, or Customs Administration.
- Excellent data analysis skills.
- Fluency in written & spoken English.
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in Warehousing and Logistics/Distribution, preferably at a supervisory level or above.
- Advanced skills across the MS Office Suite including Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of SAP would be an advantage.
Behavioural Competencies :
- Excellent planning & organizing skills
- Highly analytical with strong attention to detail,
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Strong problem identification and resolution skills.
- High level of motivation, enthusiasm and persistence.
- Ability to constructively challenge the status quo and establish the need for change.