A fantastic position has arisen for a highly talented and motivated Assistant Manager - Sports & Leisure to support the Manager of Sports & Leisure in the daily operation of the department, providing general support for colleagues and managers. Ensuring that processes, procedures and administration run smoothly, provide excellence in customer service and are consistent with other SBU's and according to hotel and company policies.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Conduct interviews with candidates to ensure quality hires
- Ensure that the S&L team members are appraised, consulted and developed for mutual benefit and continuous growth
- Ensure that company equipment under S&L are well maintained
- Supervise the beach services team to ensure that all the areas are clean and tidy
- Checking that all check-lists are filled up properly and the work is followed up
- Walk around the beach area to make sure all guests are satisfied with the service provided.
- Handle guests' complaints.
- To ensure that operating procedures are carried out according to hotel standards and guest satisfaction.
- To carry out duties as required for duty management shift for sports & Leisure department.
- To ensure that Beach services team colleague files are maintain and organised properly.
- To ensure that all training records are maintain properly and make sure that every employee get 6 hours training per month.
In order to be considered for this position you will have the following qualifications:
- Good interpersonal, time management and organisational skills;
- The ability to work within, as well as to lead and motivate, a team;
- Business acumen, creative thinking and problem-solving;
- Motivational skills, energy and resilience;
- Flexibility and multi-tasking skills;
- A customer-focused, approachable and outgoing personality;
- The ability to relate to the requirements of customers from all age groups and sectors of society, including people with special needs.
Proficiency in computer software systems such as MS Office, Word and Excel are essential. Candidates with the ability to speak fluently in a second language will be considered favourably.
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which include: your own single room accommodation/live out allowance, free transport to and from your place of work, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, annual flight allowance, medical, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, and reduced hotel rates.