- The Assistant Conferences & Events Manager must be an enthusiastic marketer with exceptional leadership and communication skills and a strong understanding of events and conference marketing operations and strategy.
- The primary focus of this position will be to lead all operational and marketing aspects of Businessday Conferences & Events.
- You will also manage the strategy and execution of special events and conferences that take place throughout the year.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Responsible for sales/marketing of sponsorship for all conferences
- Responsible for all event and conferences operations throughout the year
- Responsible for planning and managing the programs so that they are fully integrated across marketing vehicles.
- Managing, planning and implementing targeted and effective cross- channel marketing campaigns, with the goal of securing maximum delegate revenue
- Working cross functionally, the Assistant conference manager will define( manage and assist with the execution on the program goals, messages, audience generation/email campaigns, speaker plan, collateral, event website and registration, and event logistics.
- Responsible for mentoring and managing event teams
- Provide the Conferences Manager with a clear marketing plan for each event.
- Liaise with the Conferences Manager to identify and arrange cross promotion opportunities at events. This should be done for every event at least 2 weeks prior to the conference date.
- Manage and monitor the creation and scheduling of conference emails to the internal conference data lists, as per marketing schedule and conference targets.
- Manage and monitor the Conference Marketing Executive to ensure events are promoted via relevant social media platforms, including (but not restricted to): Facebook, Linkedln and Twitter.