The main purpose of this position is to provide a warm welcome and have the ability to meet and greet customers and ensure the smooth operation of the booking system. Maintaining the highest standards of customer service at all times. Deliver consistently high levels of excellence to ensure complete satisfaction of customers.
- Allocate and seat guests according to the sequence of service.
- Handle complaints and feedback from customers in a calm and professional manner especially over the telephone. Gathers all information and communicates the issues to management.
- To have a full understanding of the booking system to manage demand for reservations, to maximise covers and efficiency for the restaurant.
- Has full knowledge of all products and is able to confidently describe to a customer. Can confidently take an order asking all relevant questions.
- Manage function bookings, liaise with Front of House/Back of House and the client to deliver seamless and well planned events.
- To understand and comply with all local licensing laws and to promote responsible service of alcohol.
- Ensures problems are dealt with immediately and proactively with the support of Outlet Manager.
- Completes all relevant end of day paperwork such as cross charge forms.
- Actively engages with colleagues and customers at all times.
- Conducts training for junior colleagues where necessary.
- Assists with roster planning where necessary.
- Assists with trial shifts for recruitment.
- To promote the restaurant and generate new business to achieve sales targets by developing relationships with clients and local businesses.
- Is able to spot a sales opportunity and upsell products and service to existing or potential guests. Has the ability to draw guests into the restaurant converting any passants to guests.
In order to be considered for this role, you must have a diploma or degree in Food and Beverage Management.
It is also essential that you have minimum 2 years working experience in an assistant management role for a standalone or branded bar and restaurant.
As this role will be the face of the business, you are required to be immaculate and presentable and understand the importance of first impressions.
You must be organised both personally and professionally and is able to make simple decisions that affect your own work or the customers experience in a positive manner alongside a good time management skills.
You should have excellent command of the English language, both spoken and written with the ability to write confirmation emails and hold a conversation with confidence over the telephone.
Proficiency in a second language is highly desirable.