The African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re) is a pan-African financial institution with diplomatic status in its current 41 African member countries. Headquartered in Lagos (Nigeria), Africa Re has a continental network of regional and local offices in Lagos (Nigeria),
Casablanca (Morocco), Nairobi (Kenya), Abidjan (Côte d’Ivoire), Ebène (Mauritius), Cairo (Egypt) and Addis Ababa (Ethiopia) as well as two subsidiaries: Africa Re (South Africa) Ltd in Johannesburg and Africa Retakaful Ltd in Cairo (Egypt).
Africa-Re announces the vacancy of the position of Assistant Manager, Statistics,
Research and Business Development (PS1) in his Head Office in Lagos (Nigeria)
Reporting directly to the Director of Central Operations and Special Risks, the successful candidate will strengthen market intelligence and provide relevant market information to Production Centres to facilitate marketing activities.
II. DUTIES/JOB DETAILSThe duties shall comprise amongst others
- Market Intelligence & analysis reporting
- Analysis of performance of Competitors & peers
- Market research, Data Gathering & Circulation
- Client relationship management and support
- Support in the development of Training Materials and Presentations
- Assist in the publication of Articles in the Corporate Magazine & Newsletter.
- Sound knowledge in data analysis and interpretation of financial statements;
- Very Good reporting skills;
- Good supervisory and Problem solving skills with Capacity for taking initiatives
- Excellent Communication and Presentation skills, as well as proven writing skill
- Organizational skills and Ability to multitask
- Curiosity and Proven fast-learning ability
- Flexibility, Adaptability, Creativity and Innovation
- Disciplined, Reliable, with very high Integrity and good sense of responsibility;
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to quickly build good and sustainable relationship with stakeholders;
- Excellent skills in MS Office (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and Data/Statistical Analysis Software (SPSS, SAS, R etc) are required. Knowledge of any other business-related software will be an added advantage
Applicants shall be holders of
- First University degree plus Masters in relevant fields plus 4 years post qualification relevant qualitative work experience with emphasis in a numerate discipline preferably in Insurance, Actuarial Science, Finance, Statistics, Economics or Mathematics
- First University degree in relevant fields plus full professional qualification, plus 4 years post qualification relevant qualitative work experience with emphasis in a numerate discipline preferably in Insurance, Actuarial Science, Finance, Statistics,
Economics or Mathematics
- First University degree in relevant field plus 7 years post qualification relevant qualitative work experience with emphasis in a numerate discipline preferably in Insurance, Actuarial Science, Finance, Statistics, Economics or Mathematics Relevant Professional qualifications in the above disciplines is an advantage.
- Relevant Professional qualifications in the above disciplines is an advantage
- Cognate knowledge and work experience in Insurance/Reinsurance industry
- Cognate work experience in financial services is an added advantage
- Verifiable published works will be an added advantage.
Applicants must also be:
- Fluent in English language
- Working knowledge of French will be an added advantage.
The successful candidate shall have the following benefits:
- Competitive Basic Salary on the Corporation’s Grade Level PS1
- Variable pay (Annual Performance Bonus)
- Joint contribution to the Provident Fund (7% of the basic salary paid by staff and 14% by the employer)
- Children education subsidy for each child up to 26 years (maximum 4 children)
- Medical cover for staff and family;
- Housing Allowance
- Exemption from taxes and duties (diplomatic status of an international civil servant) – if non-Nigerian National;
- Home leave to country of origin every year paid by the employer (if non-Nigerian
Duty Post Differential (Cost of Living Allowance), that may increase or decrease depending on the economic situation, paid in local currency.VI. JOB LOCATION
The successful candidate shall be based in Lagos (Nigeria) with the possibility of redeployment to another Production Centre within the Africa Re Group.VII. PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION
Interested candidates for this positions are requested to visit the Africa Re website (http://www.africa-re.com/careersandtenders/page/49/current-vacancies) to complete the employment form and upload their curriculum vitae.