The position is Abuja based but may involve traveling to the focal states in Nigeria. The projected start date is June 2016 with a probation period of 3 months. Initial contract is for 1 year with possibility of renewal subject to availability of project funding.
- Under the guidance and supervision of the Media Resource Officer, the Assistant Media Resource Officer will support BBC Media Action Nigeria’ s Monitoring unit in monitoring all Media Action outputs that are broadcast on all partner stations across Nigeria.
S/he is charged with the following duties, main Duties will include, but not limited to the following:
- Daily and weekly monitoring of programmes as assigned
- Provide regular feedback from the monitors on the BBC Media Action’s outputs on daily and weekly basis.
- Weekly submission of all monitoring activities to Line Manager
- Recruit and manage relationship with broadcast independent Monitors from different states across Nigeria
- Create and maintain a database of Independent Monitors in assigned states and zones.
- Quarterly submission of list of independent monitors to Line Manager for compilation
Information Sourcing and Data Gathering:
- Source for and share information relevant to the BBC Media Action and the work we do
- Collect and analyse SMS feedback from assigned outputs mobiles
- Bi-weekly submission of the analysed SMS feedback to Media Resource Officer
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Hausa
- A degree in Communication, Social Sciences or any other relevant field.
- Experience in the Broadcast Media industry, Customer Service or related field is an advantage.
- Communicating in a credible and effective way
- Influencing and persuading
- Building and managing relationships Fostering integration and team work
- Producing results
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Strong communication, interpersonal and networking skills;
- Ability to communicate with respect, tact and diplomacy
- Good negotiation skills
- Possess good public service oriented personality and human relations skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, take initiative and make sound judgment while maintaining a team players spirit
- Excellent IT skills, including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work in a team and in a multicultural environment.
- Result oriented and commitment to excellence
- Ability to work under pressure, to deadlines and balance multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Any Broadcast Media Production, Customer Service or related field is an advantage.
- Good knowledge of spreadsheet. and other Microsoft office applications is essential
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Hausa is required.