A fantastic position has arisen for an Assistant Outlet Manager for this stylish bar and brasserie BarZar. Reporting directly to the Outlet Manager, the successful candidate will manage an established team.
- Monitors effectiveness of workflow & Sequence of Service during service periods and provides hands-on support as and when required.
- Closely monitors the cashiering function of the outlet to ensure compliance with JI Cashiering Procedures.
- Monitors customer satisfaction and respond to customer feedback and complaints ensuring JI & MJ procedures for CSI and Complaint Handling are followed.
- Maintains & actively use a database of customer details/ history and other strategies that assist in guest recognition.
- Advises the Outlet Manager of any improvements needed in relation to restaurants operation including updates to SOPs or addition/ deletion of SOPs.
- Makes suggestions to increase the market share for the Outlet.
- Conducts performance evaluation of colleagues, training of colleagues, guidance, coaching and counselling of colleagues.
- Assists in ensuring that colleagues are aware of the relevance and importance of their activities and how they contribute to the department objectives.
- Assists in determining the necessary competence for colleagues and provide training or other actions to satisfy these needs.
- Provides constant coaching, counselling and discipline to colleagues to ensure their capability to meet the needs of the customer and the organisation.
- Monitors manning and competence level of selected colleagues to ensure sufficiency for the department to meet the needs of the organisation and customer.
In order to be considered for this position you will have studied in an internationally recognised Hotel Management / Tourism school. You will possess previous experience gained as an Assistant Outlet Manager at a five star hotel, with excellent wine and beverage knowledge. Having experience within a barbecue theme restaurant will be considered favourably.
You will have good clear communication abilities, time management and organisational skills as well as the capability to multi task working with strong attention to detail. You should be a team player who is able to manage and delegate to your team. Your interpersonal and customer service ability will be excellent.
Proficiency in computer software systems such as MS Office, Word and Excel are essential. Candidates with the ability to speak fluently in a second language will be considered favourably.
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which include: your own single room accommodation/live out allowance, free transport to and from your place of work, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, annual flight allowance, medical, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, and reduced hotel rates.