To manage all aspects of the Outlet within the F&B department including the selection, development and performance management of colleagues, optimising profits and increasing sales.
- Monitors effectiveness of workflow & Sequence of Service during service periods and provides hands-on support as and when required.
- Closely monitors the cashiering function of the outlet to ensure compliance with JI Cashiering Procedures.
- Monitors customer satisfaction and respond to customer feedback and complaints ensuring JI & MJ procedures for CSI and Complaint Handling are followed.
- Maintains & actively use a database of customer details/ history and other strategies that assist in guest recognition.
- Advises the Outlet Manager of any improvements needed in relation to restaurants operation including updates to SOPs or addition/ deletion of SOPs.
- Makes suggestions to increase the market share for the Outlet.
- Conducts performance evaluation of colleagues, training of colleagues, guidance, coaching and counselling of colleagues.
- Assists in ensuring that colleagues are aware of the relevance and importance of their activities and how they contribute to the department objectives.
- Assists in determining the necessary competence for colleagues and provide training or other actions to satisfy these needs.
- Provides constant coaching, counselling and discipline to colleagues to ensure their capability to meet the needs of the customer and the organisation.
- Monitors manning and competence level of selected colleagues to ensure sufficiency for the department to meet the needs of the organisation and customer.
- Support the Outlet Manager to implement the F&B marketing plan when required.
- Ensure up-to-date hard-copies of department SOPs are maintained at all times.
- Contributes to the implementation the marketing activities in order to achieve desired results.
- Attends & actively participates in the daily F&B briefings in the absence of the Outlet Manager.
- Discusses menus, special requests etc. with chef
- Trains all colleagues in suggestive selling and up-selling techniques to assist in achieving maximise profitability.
- Supports the Outlet Manager to analyse results of Telephone Test Calls, Mystery Shoppers, CSI, Complaint Forms, IQRs and take the action necessary to address any non-conformances within required time frames in order to set recognition or improvement strategies.
- Conducts regular briefings and meetings to ensure all colleagues receive the information necessary to perform their jobs.
- Develops and update F&B knowledge of all colleagues on a regular basis.
- Maintains a working knowledge of relevant sections within the JI Food Hygiene SOP and assist the Outlet Manager ensure the Outlet meets these standards at all times.
You will have gained a diploma or degree in hotel management and have at least 2 years experience on Food & Beverage in a management level within a high quality restaurant in a 5* hotel.
It is also essential that you have strong administration and management skills, has the ability to up sell and train colleagues, very hands on and supportive in achieving the common team goals.
You must be well versed in financial aspects and knowledgeable in Micros Point of Sale system. Fluency in second language other than English is desirable.