- To be a team player in the corrosion protection treatment process of fabricated structural steel structures and associated items.
Key aims and objectives:
- To apply your work skills in a manner which enables the Coating Department to deliver defect free products, which conforms to customers, supplied specifications and Project working procedures.
- To assist the department in achieving this objective at the first attempt, within the time allowed and at each subsequent attempt.
- To carry out instructions from your superiors in a safe manner at all times.
- Assuming responsibilities of completing all tasks assigned to you in a safe manner and in accordance with the relevant project and/or Nigerdock supplied working procedures.
- To carry out any required task relating to the delivery of Blasted and/or Painted items, including but not limited to washing, cleaning, loading of grit/pot operator duties, stripe coating, housekeeping, equipment maintenance etc.
- Your daily rate of production will be satisfactory and in line with acceptable industry norms.
- As part of the production team you will always be held fully responsible for the quality of your own work and you will inspect your own work for conformance.
- To always ensure the equipment you use is cleaned properly and to report faulty equipment immediately to your superiors.
- To ensure that you are aware of the hazards pertaining to the tasks you are performing and ensuring that you always wear suitable PPE and use suitable equipment and consumables.
- To act in a responsible manner and plan your working day according to instructions given to you by your superiors, ensuring that in a reasonable time allocation, you collect all PPE and equipment necessary to perform your tasks prior to you moving to the work site.
- To inform your superiors immediately if you are not capable of carrying out specific tasks due to poor health or lack of knowledge.
- You are expected to be prepared to learn all the trades in the department, including but not limited to Blasting, Spray Painting, paint mixing, quality control etc.
- You may from time to time be expected to carry out duties not associated with your normal scope of work.
- To conduct yourself in a manner that satisfies the purpose of your employment at Nigerdock.