- Teaching: The primary responsibility of a faculty member is for teaching and for supporting student learning both inside and outside the classroom.
- Class Attendance: Faculty members should make clear that students are expected to attend class and complete required assignments.
- Academic Advising: Available to assist students throughout the semester.
- Department/Schools Meetings: Attending meetings on a regular basis and as necessary to facilitate communication and to accomplish the work required for the smooth operation of the department and school.
- Attendance at Academic Functions: Full-time faculty members are expected to attend meetings of the faculty and any all-college meetings called by AUN administration.
- Research: Faculty members are to engage in research activities that will promote self-development and the University
- Community Service: Faculty are to contribute to AUN community service and development activities
- Must have a terminal degree in Computer Science from a reputable University
- Must have a minimum of five years of teaching & research experience garnered at a reputable University
- Must be proficient in use of ICT tools and e-resources for teaching and research
- Must possess verifiable evidence of scholarly publications in reputable journals
Other requirements, abilities for the position:
- Applicants are expected to have the appropriate academic credentials, as well as successful post-secondary teaching experience.
- Experience in Africa or other parts of the developing world is a plus.
- A strong commitment to development
- An understanding of the essential values of academic integrity, civility, collegiality and diversity in a community of learners
- Experience in Africa or other parts of the developing world.
- A demonstrated commitment to academic excellence, cultural diversity, and equal opportunity