Grade: B3 (L)
Type of Position: Fixed Term
Duration of Post: 12 months
Type of Post: British High Commission
Job Category: Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Policy & Political roles)
Job Subcategory: Political
Main Purpose of Job
- Based in the British High Commission, Abuja, Nigeria, the Assistant Programme Manager sits within the Criminal Justice Team, working to establish a functioning Nigerian Criminal Justice system in relation to complex cases.
Roles and Responsibilities
What will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
- The job holder will need to have good stakeholder engagement skills in order to build strong networks with decision makers and then use those networks to deliver results
- The job holder will work closely with other members of the Criminal Justice Team, as well as other colleagues in the British High Commission.
- The job holder needs to be systematic and organised in their work, be resilient and focused in the face of a challenging working environment, be able to multi-task and work towards the programmes focused objectives under UK FCO Policy.
- Contributing to individual elements and activities within the programme. Helping devise implementation plans.
- Overseeing some of the programme activities and taking them forward.
- Assisting in creating budget plans for the programme and effectively monitor budgets ensuring value for money
- Follow the appropriate Procurement procedures in line with UK FCO’s Policy
- Ensuring that project delivery is in line with Terms of Reference provided to contractors and that deliverables are achieved within time and budget
- Assist in providing terms of reference for contractors against which to measure delivery. Ensuring the quality and timeliness of contractors’ work against budget.
- Liaising with stakeholders and contractors, maintaining good working relationship for quality service delivery of the programme
- Ensuring payments are made to suppliers and registered accordingly
- Overseeing and organising the logistical and administration requirements for the programme
- Reporting to the Criminal Justice Team Programme Manager.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Programme management experience
- Financial compliance and reporting
- Stakeholder/beneficiary engagement
- Managing local partners and delivery agents
- Experience in working for the UK government or similar enviroment
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous experience on implementing programmes in Nigeria
- Required competencies
- Collaborating and Partnering, Delivering Value for Money, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
Starting monthly Salary
Start Date1st July, 2016
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Abuja are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted.
- Any questions you may have about this position will only be answered during interview, should you be invited.
- Any other post specifics - like information on the application form that is not include on the system.