Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To promote, enhance and protect the public image and reputation of Burj Al Arab through professional communications with the media, public relations agencies, colleagues, owners/investors and the general public worldwide.
- To translate (English to Arabic), produce and implement written communications and (press) materials to meet established standards of content, style and appearance. Materials include, but are not limited to, press releases and editorials, reports, presentations, speeches and Intranet and Internet content.
- To assist with accurate and timely communication about Burj Al Arab to its relevant stakeholders through press release distribution, story pitching, broadcast opportunities (TV, online and radio) and social media
- To assist the Director of Marketing and Public Relations and Public Relations Manger with PR activity planning and corporate communications activities.
- To assist in communicating with the network of retained public relations agency consultancies and assists in agency pitches and appointments, agency reviews and day-to-day management of agency relationships.
- To develop, maintain and foster long term relationships with the local and regional Arabic media and key partners.
- To develop and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues at all levels of the organisation in order to optimise public relations and communications opportunities.
- To assist with handling photo-shoots, filming and site inspections from key local and international media.
- To produce timely and high quality responses on Burj Al Arab’s Trips Advisor page.
- To support issues and crisis communications management within Burj Al Arab.
- To support the coordination of Burj Al Arab communications activities for trade shows, corporate (media) functions, road shows, events, etc.
- To handle confidential matters and information with the appropriate level of sensitivity.
- To perform other duties that management may from time to time require.
To be considered for this role it is essential you have earned a Bachelor's Degree in Communication or Public Relations and have a minimum of two years experience working in a similar position. Candidates who have previous experience working in Marketing will also be of interest.
Experience in working with local Dubai media will be viewed as highly desirable.