Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Collects and compiles list of suppliers and their available merchandise, equipment and services in accordance with hotel requirements.
Receives proper purchase requisitions from Head of Departments
- Calls for quotations for any items costing more than Dhs.500 and inquire into prices from various suppliers. A minimum of three independent genuine quotations must be obtained.
- Compares prices with previous purchases and with current market prices.
- Raises the local Purchase Order (LPO) in the name of the supplier selected.
- Will raise no direct order for purchases from suppliers without a proper L.P.O / approval of Purchasing Manager.
- Receives market list from the Executive Chef on a daily basis and arranges for delivery of those items daily.
- Carries out regular market survey prices of all items and services for the hotel by keeping constant touch with the suppliers and submits periodical reports to the Purchasing Manager.
- Follows up and ensures that goods are delivered in accordance with the purchase order and without any delay.
- Makes sure that all suppliers’ deliveries are made in the receiving area form 8a.m to 12 noon each day except Fridays and Public holidays.
- Ensures that suppliers submit their Invoice / Delivery Note in duplicate, fully priced, together with the merchandise.
- Issues a petty cash voucher for all small purchases below Dhs.500 on a daily basis and forwards the voucher in the following order for approval and payment:
- Responsible for making sure that the administrative procedures relating to the purchase of goods are followed.
- Ensures that the suppliers follow the rules relating to hygiene of goods delivered.
- Enables the cost of expenses to be kept to a minimum by means of scrupulous maintenance of administrative documents
- Keeps all records in a way that they can be checked at any time for information or audit purposes.
- Maintains all documents, files and listings up-to-date and performs his duties in the most efficient manner.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Stores, Purchasing & Receiving, preferably within a hotel environment
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organization and follow-through skills
- Ability to develop and build relationships, utilize skills appropriately
- Ability to process information and merchandise through computer system
- Ability to maintain a fair, consistent set of standards as they apply to work force
- Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner, and listen attentively to other colleagues