To supervise and monitor all incoming suite reservations, assisting the Reservations and Revenue Manager in forecasting and training. Applying yield management to maximise the hotel revenue
- Supervise Group Reservations and all tasks related to Group Reservations
- Assist the Reservations Manager in order to ensure the smooth and efficient daily operation of the reservation operation, ensuring everyone contacting the Reservations Department receives an optimum level of services and care at all times.
- Carry out regular spot checks within the department to ensure that the standards outlined in the Step by Step’s are being adhered to.
- Motivate colleagues and provide a work environment which brings out the best in team members.
- Carry out, supervise and record cross training within the department as required, and within the guideline requirements of the group during the absence of Reservations Manager.
- Conduct & document training and coaching for Reservations Sales Agents in the areas of telephone selling as directed by Revenue Manager and/or Reservations Manager.
- Ensure that the 5 and 2 day arrival report checks are carried out on a daily basis and make sure that all guest information is duly entered
- Review all incoming correspondence and distribute to the reservation staff for action.
- Assist the Sales Agents in their duties as required and takes full responsibility in absence of Reservation Manager.
You will ideally possess a Bachelors degree qualification in Hotel Management. It is essential that you are able to demonstrate at least 2 - 3 years experience in Room Reservations preferably on supervisory level is essential.
In addition to strong spoken and written business English, another language would be an advantage.
Computer literacy with knowledge of MS Office, Property Management System (preferably Opera and Synxis).
You should have a passion in training and developing people, are flexible and a team player. You will also be a dynamic, decision maker and handles complaint individual.