Main purpose of the role
· The Asst. SHE Manager has overall responsibility of managing Occupational Safety, Health & Environment to achieve Excellence on Project Sites. S/he works within the organisation to develop SHE Strategy and improvement plans in order to achieve sustainable SHE excellence by reducing injuries and environmental impacts on Project Sites.
· S/he is an interface between the company and the government. S/he leads the requirements of Project Permitting to ensure all Projects conforms with regulatory bodies on ensuring the Project Sites meet all local, national, legal and Unilever standards on Occupational Health, Safety and Environment. S/he leads the Environmental Impact Assessment for Project Sites.
· Deploy the global / regional SHE strategy, policy and standards in sites to achieve excellent sustainable results.
· Manage the OSHE teams responsible to deliver Occupational Health, Safety and Environment results.
· Develop, deploy & implement plans to improve safety, health and environment records of the Project Sites.
· Drive Safety Risk Assessment and Environmental Impact Assessment and works with the project Team to develop and implement SHE strategy and improvement action plan.
· Works with regulatory bodies on ensuring the site meets all local, national, legal and Unilever standards on Occupational Health, safety and Environment.
· Develop and implement monitoring plans to control OSHE issues on the Project Sites.
· Works closely with Occupational Health personnel to identify and mitigate risks which may lead to occupational ill health
· Lead and develop the internal and external crisis committees and safety committee; support serious incident investigation and analysis.
· Control all site major risks ensuring there are plans and actions to mitigate impact in cases of accidents
· Work on an agenda to eliminate or reduce major site risks; develop and implement and monitor the investment plans to reduce or minimize OSHE risks in the site.
· Work on the reduction of environment impact of our operations such as waste, effluent, emissions, carbon, energy consumption.
· Develop and deploy internal SHE auditing and inspection systems.
· Perform accidents / incidents trend analysis.
· Determine training needs and assist in delivery of training programs.
· Ensure and support the supplier / 3P CSR assessment and audit program.
· Provide advice on national SHE legislation requirements & implement relevant procedures and policies.
· All Functions at the Site
· Regional OSHE Team
· 3PL suppliers, product suppliers ,product distributors
· Government Bodies
· ISO Certifications Bodies
· University Science and Engineering degree qualification advantage
· Experience in Supply Chain
· Excellent knowledge of Unilever and SHE ISO Standards
· NEBOSH certified advantageous
· Good knowledge of Process Safety
· Negotiation Skills
· Good Observation and Auditing skills
· Master in Science / Engineering
· Special studies in Supply Chain related subjects
· Special studies in SHE
Relevant Experience/ Years of Experience
· Minimum 3 Years in Supply Chain operations
· Manufacturing and Engineering experience
· 5 years Engineering experience
· Unilever Exposure an advantage