- The successful candidate will participate in the work activities to safeguard Nigerian airports against acts of unlawful interference such as bomb threat, Hijack terrorism, sabotage etc.
He or she will carry out the following job functions:
- Screening of Passengers and their carry-on baggage to forestall the introduction of dangerous devices aboard the aircraft.
- Protection of airfield equipment against sabotage.
- Escort of aircraft to holding points to forestall destruction.
- Crowd control and facilitation of passengers by arresting and prosecuting touts.
- Patrol of perimeter fences to check criminal activities and unauthorised access on the airside.
- Mounting of surveillance within the precincts of the airports to detect and nip criminal acts.
- Traffic control to keep internal access road free of obstruction by raiding illegal hawkers and checking vehicular movements on the airside.