DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under the supervision of the Senior Sound Engineer and the Executive Editor, and working with other Sound Engineers, help support all sound recording and editing needs of BBC Media Action – Nigeria. This may include location recording of radio dramas, field interviews, debates, in-studio recordings, public service announcements, or any other potential output on any platform.
- Help with post-production sound editing of programs, sound balancing of programs for broadcast, and delivery of final versions to deadline.
- Support the team in planning ahead of production, including recces, equipment prep, logistics, and consideration of health and safety issues from a sound recording perspective.
- Along with the rest of the Sound Engineer team, take responsibility for technical safety in the studio and on location, and operate all equipment safely adhering to safety regulations.
- Along with the rest of the Sound Engineer team, take responsibility for proper use, care and storage of all sound equipment.
- Keep up with latest sound recording advances, methods and trends and implement them into your work,
- Assist in completing all relevant pre- and post-production paperwork.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned.