- Must be willing to report to & work with store manager
- Compiles and maintains records of quantity, type, and value of material, equipment, merchandise, or supplies stocked in establishment: Counts material, equipment, merchandise, or supplies in stock and posts totals to inventory records, manually or using computer.
- Compares inventories to office records or computes figures from records, such as sales orders, production records, or purchase invoices to obtain current inventory.
- Verifies clerical computations against physical count of stock and adjusts errors in computation or count, or investigates and reports reasons for discrepancies.
- Compiles information on receipt or disbursement of material, equipment, merchandise, or supplies, and computes inventory balance, price, and cost.
- Prepares reports, such as inventory balance, price lists, and shortages.
- Prepares list of depleted items and recommends survey of defective or unusable items.
- May operate office machines, such as typewriter or calculator.
- May stock and issue materials or merchandise.
- Manage and maintain the company’s material and stocked product inventory including stock profiles and stock locations
- Manage and control perpetual inventory stock counting / inventory accuracy checks
- Minimiseoverstocks and removal of obsolete / redundant raw materials to maximize availability of working capital
- Ensure that goods inward / stock control department is well organised and controlled to sufficiently support production and the goals of the business.
- Ensure incoming product is receipted and managed appropriately according to company procedure.
- Ensure materials are ready and available for production as and when required.
- Ensure that any materials that are late or holding upproduction for whatever reason are chased and followed up until received.
- Ensure sub contract processes are received back and that suppliers are chased to ensure no late delivery situation.
- Provide routine management information on inventory performance