- To support pupils learning activities, attend to additional learning needs and help in development.
- To help with the care, health, wellbeing and support of pupils
- To maintain good order and discipline among the pupils, safeguarding their health and safety.
- To organise and manage groups or individual pupils ensuring differentiation of learning needs, reflecting all abilities.
- Contribute to the management of pupils’ behaviour both in and out of the classroom.
- Support the use of ICT
- Log in homework books
- To assist in carrying out schemes of work and programmes set by teaching staff.
- Assist in the maintenance of the environment for staff and pupils.
- To assist in the presentation of displays.
- To support senior/ teaching staff with routine administration.
- To ensure that school policies are reflected in daily practice.
- To support pupils in their individual learning and development.
- To help with classroom resources and records.
- To promote equality as an integral part of the role and to treat everyone with fairness and dignity.
- To recognize confidentiality, child protection procedures and policies.
- B.ED or B.A/B.Sc with a P.GCE, Montessori Dip
- Minimum of 2 years Post qualification experience
Knowledge & Skills:
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and management time effectively.
- Ability to work as part of a team.